Learn How We Manufacture Optical Products
This is when the surfacing process can begin for a custom manufactured lens.
1. First, a protective tape is applied to the front surface of the lens.
2. Next, using a special metal alloy the lenses attach to a chuck on the proper axis in preparation for milling.
3. Then the lens moves onto the generator where all extra material is cut off and the lens it given a rough back curve. In the same machine, the lens is spun at high speeds against a diamond tool. This removes more material and gives the lens its final back curve.
4. Next, the lens is brought to the polisher where the lens is buffed using a special compound and tools to make the lens completely crisp and translucent.
5. From there the lens is complete and any necessary coatings are applied such as a hard coat for polycarbonate.
6. The lenses are now ready to be inspected for imperfections and correct power.
Once the custom lens is complete, it is ready for any extra add-on’s the customer ordered such as, but not limited to, AR, tints, mirrors, etc.
Learn about eye health
Reducing UV Exposure
Harmful Blue Light
What is Digital Eye Strain?
What is Harmful Blue Light?
What are Eyezen+ Lenses?
Why dispense Eyezen+ Lenses?